Here we go.

02 February 2012

Everything's great, thumbs up!

Here is a post where I will try not to bellyache about my maladies: an old splinter being pushed out by my body (ouch!), a toothache (noooo!), and pains in my back and neck from a pinched nerve (little lightning bolts emanating!).

No, no, I'll try to be smart and highlight the pluses.  +++

I am getting new spectacles.  It was near impossible for me to choose because of problems that arise from having too. much. choice.  I kept picking this particular pair, so I just purchased them before I could change my mind again.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
If you have prescription glasses, then you probably already know what it means to get a fresh pair. No more glare, no squinting, no spasms, and no d'aches.  The clarity is magical.  It's a whole new world!

+++

So, we're going to New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras!  The timing's proper as the weekend before Fat Tuesday is a 3-day one.    Thanks to lovely Jen & Paul, we've got accommodations, not to mention their excellent company & NOLA wisdom.  I'm so excited because I've never been to Mardi Gras festivities and, too, I was really just missing the city in general.  Once you get it in your mind that you want to go, you will find a way to get there.  It really didn't occur to me to actually go, but then I was digging through the record bins at Goner last weekend and I pulled up the 9th Ward Marching Band's Creepin' Up the Street LP.  I didn't buy it (yet), but was intrigued, so I jotted their name down to look up later. 






Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Maybe it's a combination of my being Southern, loving New Orleans, and liking marching bands (it was one of the tolerable things about high school), but I totally got a lump in my throat AND was shaking my ass watching their videos.  How fun!  I immediately sent them fan mail and inquired about their schedule for this year.  I hope we get to see them.  Even if we don't, I don't think we will be disappointed, because there's so much to do, but it would be terrific!  And I ended up ordering that record .  Ninth ward!

+++

Earlier today, I was perusing my twittah feed and noticed a post from Lloyd, owner of Get This! Gallery in ATL, urging us to check out the art of Heather Mcpherson.  I got on ye olde hand held wizard device (because that's what it is) and gave him a ring.  Firstly, it was really good to catch up with Lloyd.  For those who know & adore him, he's doing well.  We might meet up in Miami for Art Basel.  Secondly, it looks like I'll be acquiring some art.  The significance is twofold: we've been having a hard time committing anything to our walls, walls in which we own.  I don't know why.  It's annoying.  But, hey, here's something I feel confident about!  Too, for detractors of twitter, this is my second time this week that I've purchased art this way.  Breaking news, good jokes, band updates, recipes, links to art -- it's tailored to your liking, so if you don't like it, it's your own damn fault.  I think this is a boring argument, though,  because if you don't get it, you don't get it.  But, if you don't get it and are trying to, keep trying!  Damn.

Anyway, here are the pieces I'm looking at...
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

And I actually purchased this print via  twitter.com/jonny_pirate
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

3 comments:

nicole said...

Thanks for the Lloyd-update! We visited his gallery (for the first time) in July, and it's amazing. Congrats on buying art! xo.

AMD & KMHD said...

Thx, Nicole. It ain't an easy task for me because I so much!

AMD & KMHD said...

*like

Blog Archive